BANANA OAT BREAKFAST BAR
1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil (To grease the pan)
3 large bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 cups Capain Oats (Instant)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup coarsely chopped Walnuts
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
1. Heat the oven to 160°c and lightly grease a 9x9 inch square baking dish with vegetable oil.
2. Peel the bananas and mash their flesh in a medium mixing bowl. Mash very thoroughly until no large chunks remain and it is watery. This should make up between 1/2 - 3/4 cup. Stir in the vanilla.
3. Add the oats and stir them in. Stir in the salt, raisins, walnuts and honey.
4. Pat the thick mixture evenly into the baking pan. Sprinkle the top lightly with cinnamon.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges just begin to crisp up.
6. Place the baking pan on a rack to cool. When the pan is mostly cool, cut into bars and serve.