BROCCOLI AND OATS GALETTES
6 teaspoons Captain Oats® Quick Cook Oatmeal soaked in hot water
1/2 head of broccoli
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 shallot, chopped
2 handfuls chopped frozen spinach (optional)
A few basil leaves
1 fresh mozzarella ball cut in small squares
1 tablespoon plain breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper
1. Heat olive oil and brown shallots, add broccoli cut in small florets, salt and pepper.
2. When broccoli is cooked mash them with a potato masher.
3. Add defrost spinach to the broccoli mash.
4. Add basil and garlic.
5. Add enough water to the oats to form a thick paste and then add into the broccoli mash, mix well.
6. Take a small quantity in your hand and place a piece of mozzarella in the middle, close the ball well and make a patty about 2 inches wide.
7. Dip each side of the patty in bread crumbs and cook in a pre-heated oven at 375F for about 15-20 minutes, or until both sides are golden.