CHOCOLATE CRUMBLE CAKE
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup White Sugar
1/2 cup Butter
2 Eggs, lightly beaten with fork
1 3/4 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 cup Captain Oats Instant Oats
1¾ cups Boiling Water
12 oz bag Chocolate Chips , divided
Icing Sugar, (for the garnish)
Strawberry, Blueberry, Red Currant, (for the garnish)
Mint Leaves, (for the garnish)
1. Add water to oatmeal and let cook for a few minutes. Once oats are soft, add oats/water mixture to the batter and mix well.
2. Stir in half of the bag of chocolate chips (6 ounces) when mixture is cooled.
3. Preheat oven to 175 degree Celsius. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars. Add the eggs and mix well.
4. Add flour, soda, salt and cocoa and mix until just incorporated. The batter will be very thick.
5. Pour into a greased or buttered muffin tray.
6. Sprinkle the top of the cake with the rest of the bag of chocolate chips (6 ounces).
7. Bake at 175 degree Celsius for 30-40 minutes or until the surface springs back lightly when touched. Do not over bake. Let it cool completely.
8. Cut the top of the cake to make the surface flat.
9. Place the cake top down on the plate.
10. Garnish with icing sugar, berries and mint leaves.