GRILLED TOFU WITH OATS PEANUT SAUCE
INGREDIENTS (FOR GRILLED TOFU)
5 medium pieces tofu
1/4 medium cucumber, thinly julienned
1/4 medium turnip (sengkuang), thinly julienned
1/4 medium carrot, thinly julienned
INGREDIENTS (FOR OATS PEANUT SAUCE)
3 tablespoons oil
5 tablespoons blended chili
3 cups water
1 stalk lemongrass, slightly crushed
1/2 cup groundnuts*
5 gloves garlic*
3/4 cup Captain Oats (instant)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
*Toast the groundnuts or fry without oil for 20 minutes. Blend coarsely with garlic in 3/4 water.
1. Brush over all the tofu with 1 tablespoon of oil. Grill tofu in an oven for 20 minutes.
2. After tofu is cooked, cut into two triangles and make a whole in the middle of each cut. Stuff in cucumber, turnip and carrot. Set aside.
3. To prepare the sauce, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Add in blended chili and let it cooked. Add in lemongrass. Stir for 2 minutes until fragrant.
4. Stir the blended garlic and groundnuts under low-medium heat. Stir in the oats.
5. Add the remaining water and keep stirring the sauce until it boils for 5 minutes.
6. Add in sugar and salt for taste. Stir well. Remove from heat and put aside.
7. Serve grilled tofu on a plate and pour over the sauce. Consume immediately.