8 Treasures Porridge
Traditionally served during a Chinese festival, this nourishing and comforting porridge can be served as a guilt-free dessert!
30g Captain Quick Cook Oatmeal
40g black glutinous rice
40g dried red dates (10 pcs)
30g mung beans
30g red beans
20g dried Longan
- Pre-soak peanuts, red beans, walnuts, mung beans and black glutinous rice overnight.
- Mix all the ingredients with 1500ml of water.
- Add in dried red dates, dried longan and Captain Oats® Quick Cook Oatmeal.
- Cook with strong heat to a boil, turn to low heat, cover and simmer for 40 to 60 minutes until all the ingredients are soft to taste.
- Leave a gap between the pot edge and cover to prevent the boiling congee from blowing out.
- Serve hot, optionally with sweetening like sugar.