Banana Oat Breakfast Bar
You don't have to break the bank to have a delicious breakfast bar, and here’s how you can treat yourself to some banana goodness.
3 cups Captain Instant Oatmeal
1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil (To grease the pan)
3 large bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup coarsely chopped Walnuts
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- Heat the oven to 160°c and lightly grease a 9x9 inch square baking dish with vegetable oil.
- Peel the bananas and mash their flesh in a medium mixing bowl. Mash very thoroughly until no large chunks remain and it is watery. This should make up between 1/2 - 3/4 cup. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add Captain Instant Oatmeal and stir them in. Stir in the salt, raisins, walnuts and honey.
- Pat the thick mixture evenly into the baking pan. Sprinkle the top lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges just begin to crisp up.
- Place the baking pan on a rack to cool. When the pan is mostly cool, cut into bars and serve.