Captain™ Oats Chinese Steamed Buns
Chinese Steamed Buns, or commonly known was Mantao is a fluffy treat that can be eaten anytime!
25g Captain Classic Rolled Oats
225g Pau Flour
300g mashed sweet potato (purple)
1 tsp Instant active yeast
150g water (lukewarm)
- Prepare the pau flour and add in Captain Classic Rolled Oats, sugar, yeast and oil.
- Add water into the mixture and mix well to create a dough. Then divide the dough into half.
- Mix mashed purple sweet potato with half of dough and leave to proof for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 15g each and roll into ball.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough.
- Place 5 flattened pieces together (alternating the colour), with one side overlapping the other.
- Roll them from left to right to form Swiss roll shape.
- Cut roll in middle to divide half and place on tracing paper and let proof for another 10 minutes.
- Steam in high heat for 12 minutes. Serve.