Captain™ Oats Date Cookies
Dates are often added to a variety of dishes during Hari Raya celebrations, try adding it to your cookies too!
100g Captain Instant Rolled Oats
100g Dates, chopped
50g Brown sugar
100g Cooking oil
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
2 tsp Vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 170 °C.
- Grind Captain Instant Oatmeal, roughly, in blender and add to mixing bowl.
- Add wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda to oats in mixing bowl and mix well.
- In separate bowl, mix cooking oil, brownsugar, chopped dates and vanilla essence until sugar dissolves.
- Add flour into wet ingredients and mix to get crumbs-like consistency.
- Mix well with spatula or hand to get soft and sticky dough.
- Make small balls in dough and press gently to make small circles. Make impression using fork and repeat with remaining dough.
- Arrange in lined baking tray and bake for 10 – 12 minutes at 160°C in preheated oven.
- Once baked, let it cool completely and store in airtight container.