Captain™ Oats Ketupat with Shrimp Sambal
Switch your Ketupat game up with some oats and shrimp sambal, it’s an excellent combination!
100g Captain Instant Rolled Oats
5 Ketupat wraps
INGREDIENTS (SHRIMP SAMBAL)
50g Grinded Captain Instant Rolled Oats
30g Shrimp soaked in hot water for 20min
100g Dried red chilli cut to smaller pieces, deseeded and soaked in hot water for 20 minutes to soften; drained
100g or 4 Deseeded red chilli
200g Peeled shallots
100g Peeled garlic
5 Bird’s eye chili (optional)
2 tsp Salt
- Mix rice and the Captain Oats® Instant Rolled Oats. Then, fill the wraps with it until half-full.
- Boil water, cook for 1 hour.
- After cooking, lift and drain.
- Rest for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with dishes.
- Leave in refrigerator for freshness (May last up to 4 -5 days).
METHODS (SHRIMP SAMBAL)
- Process or pound all ingredients until it becomes a smooth paste, adding some oil along the way to bind the ingredients together.
- Heat oil and add sambal paste into wok or pan. Stir fry for about 10 minutes until the sambal turns a deeper red.
- Add grinded oats, salt and sugar.
- Cook for another 20 minutes, stir constantly. By this time, the oil should be separated from the chilli.
- Served as the condiments for Oats Ketupat.
- Store in air-tight container in the fridge for about 2 weeks or in the freezer for 3 months.