Chocolate Crumble Cake
Satisfy your sweet tooth with an irresistible chocolate crumble cake topped with strawberries, blueberries, and redcurrant.
1 cup Captain Instant Oatmeal
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup White Sugar
1/2 cup Butter
2 Eggs, lightly beaten with fork
1 3/4 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1¾ cups Boiling Water
12 oz bag Chocolate Chips , divided
Icing Sugar, (for the garnish)
Strawberry, Blueberry, Red Currant, (for the garnish)
Mint Leaves, (for the garnish)
- Add water to oatmeal and let cook for a few minutes. Once oats are soft, add oats/water mixture to the batter and mix well.
- Stir in half of the bag of chocolate chips (6 ounces) when mixture is cooled.
- Preheat oven to 175 degree Celsius. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add flour, soda, salt and cocoa and mix until just incorporated. The batter will be very thick.
- Pour into a greased or buttered muffin tray.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the rest of the bag of chocolate chips (6 ounces).
- Bake at 175 degree Celsius for 30-40 minutes or until the surface springs back lightly when touched. Do not over bake. Let it cool completely.
- Cut the top of the cake to make the surface flat.
- Place the cake top down on the plate.
- Garnish with icing sugar, berries and mint leaves.