Crumbly Oat Veggie Patties
DIY your own veggie patty with these savoury ingredients, and choose to have it on its own or with a meal!
1 cup Captain Instant Oatmeal, soaked in 3 tbsps of hot water
4 tbsps vegetable oil
3 tbsps red onions (coarsely diced)
2 tbsps red capsicum (diced)
1 teaspoon red chili (diced)
1 1/2 tbsp garlic (diced)
5 pieces shitake mushrooms (diced)
1 piece soft tofu (steamed and mashed)
1/2 cup chick peas (soaked for 3 hrs, boiled and mashed well)
1/2 cup black eyed peas (soaked for 3 hrs, boiled and mashed well)
2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 for binding the ingredients
- 1 for coating the patty
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon oregano powder
1 tablespoon parsley leaves (finely chopped)
1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a pan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and use to sauté the red onions, red capsicum, red chili, garlic and shitake mushrooms. Sauté till soft. Remove and cool.
- Add in soft tofu, chick peas, black eyed peas, oats and mix thoroughly along with the egg. Add all condiments.
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients and form into small patties, cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the patty over the beaten egg and coat the patty with bread crumbs.
- In a sauté pan, use the remaining oil to cook the patties 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.