You can’t go wrong with this tasty and crunchy snack, it’s always a hit all year round!
40g Captain Classic Rolled Oats
200g Rice flour
50g Urad Dhal
300g Coconut Milk
2 tbsp Sesame seeds
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tbsp Cumin Salt
1 tbsp butter
Oil for Frying
10~20g water (if necessary)
- Grind the split roasted gram until fine.
- Dry roast Captain Oats® Classic Rolled Oats and grind until fine.
- Dry roast the urad dhal and grind until fine.
- Mix grinded ingredients with cumin salt, sesame seeds and cumin seeds.
- Bring coconut milk and butter to simmer. Don’t boil the coconut milk.
- Add heated coconut milk to the flour mix and knead until soft and stiff dough.
- Heat oil for Deep Frying.
- Take a ball of dough in a murukku press.
- Squeeze out murukku over greased plate and drop gently into hot oil.
- Fry until murukku turns Golden in colour.
- Drain excess oil in paper towel.