Fish in Spiced Rice Oats Soup
Who doesn’t love a large, warm, hearty bowl of soup? Enjoy this fish in spiced rice soup, topped with oats!
3/4 cup Captain Instant Oatmeal, toasted
2 cups water
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup uncooked rice (clean and drained)
3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1 stalk lemon grass (crushed)
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 tbsps vegetable oil
1/2 cup chickpeas
1/2 cup snow peas
75g coriander leaves (chopped)
350g boneless fish fillet (cut into 1cm cubes)
2 tbsps lime juice (squeezed from 1 medium lime)
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
100g Red chilies (remove seeds)
4 pieces Kaffir lime leaves
- Heat a large soup pot.
- Add water and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil before adding the rice, garlic, lemongrass, galangal, & onions.
- In the meantime, stir fry the blended items in 2 tablespoon of oil.
- Add to the boiling rice and cook on medium fire until the rice in tender. You may need to add more water or stock if the rice is not cooked.
- Add chickpeas, snow peas, chopped coriander and fish cubes.
- Turn off the fire. Season with lime juice, salt and pepper. Add toasted oats inside the rice soup. Serve hot.