Oat Flattened Bread
Craving some good ol’ bread? Make your own oat flattened bread at home and serve it hot!
1/4 cup Captain Instant Oatmeal, blend into powder
3/4 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup chickpea flour
1 tbsp carrot (peeled and grated)
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon green chili (finely chopped)
3 tbsps coriander leaves (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
1 tbsp low fat yogurt
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup water (may be added as required)
- In a large bowl, mix all the above ingredients with 1 tablespoon of oil. Add water few tablespoons at a time and make a soft dough.
- Knead as you go until you get a soft elastic dough. The longer you knead, the softer the bread will be.
- Roll out a large lemon size amount of the dough on a flour dusted surface.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Once hot, place the bread and reduce the heat. Cook slowly till it lightly turns color.
- Flip over and cook the other side till light brown spots formed.
- Brush over the remaining oil on top of the bread. Serve hot.