Oats and Chana Dhal Poli
Turn this traditional dish into a meal for the whole family. It’s delicious, nutritious and satisfying!
3/4 cup Captain Instant Oatmeal
1/2 cup chana dhal (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsps grated coconut
1 1/2 cup wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
3 tbsps vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
- Cook the chana dhal till soft and strain off the water.
- In a pan, add the chana dhal, sugar and grated coconut. Mix well.
- Cook the mixture on a medium flame until it becomes thick and dry. Keep aside.
- Knead the wheat flour, oats, salt, turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon oil and water into smooth dough.
- Make medium sized balls from the dough. Roll them into a 4 inch diameter circle.
- Place a portion of the chana dhal mixture in the center of the rolled dough. Bring together all the edges and press these together.
- Dust some flour on the board and roll gently into circular rounds.
- Cook the poli on a non-stick pan drizzle the remaining oil until it is golden brown in colour from both the sides. Serve hot.