Oats Vegetable Soup
You can't go wrong with this creamy oats vegetable soup, whether you want to have it for breakfast or a light dinner.
3 tbsp Captain Quick Cook Oatmeal
15 green beans
1/4 cup green peas
1/4 sweet corn (optional)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp sugar
- Wash and cut carrots and green beans into small pieces and cook them. The vegetables should be half cooked. Ensure that the vegetables are not cooked fully and turn too soft – soups with partially cooked vegetables taste much better.
- Heat 1/2 cup of water in a pan. Transfer the cooked vegetables to the pan. Also add green peas, sweet corn and allow them to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Captain Quick Cook and cook for 5 more minutes. Once you add the oats, the whole mixture turns a bit thick. If needed add 1/4 cup of water to the mixture and keep stirring so that the oats do not turn into lumps but are cooked well.
- Now add pepper, sugar and salt. Finally add milk. Boil the mixture for a minute. Do not overheat/cook this soup mixture for more than 2 minutes once you add the milk. You can substitute milk with water. Thin the soup to your preference.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.