Potato and Spinach Oatmeal Croquette
The versatility of croquettes can’t be denied! This time, we’re adding Captain Instant Oatmeal as a coating give it a fine crunch!
2 1/2 cup Captain Instant Oatmeal, put aside 50g for coating
1/2 cup water
3 tbsps cooking oil
1 medium onion (finely chopped)
3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1 red chili (finely chopped)
1 medium potato (peeled and grated into small pieces)
1 cup spinach (chopped)
2 tbps coriander leaves (finely chopped)
1 egg (beaten)
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
- In a heavy bottomed pan, dry roast the oats for coating until it turns lightly crisp and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and use to fry the onion, garlic, red chili and potato for about 8 minutes, or until the onions are golden. Stir in spinach and fry for 1 minute.
- In a bowl, add the oats into a bowl then pour over the water.
- Combine the fried ingredients with the soaked oats then stir in the coriander leaves and the beaten egg.
- Season with curry powder and salt. Mix well.
- Form a small ping pong ball-sized round croquettes then flatten it into the remaining oats to coat.
- Pan-fry in the remaining oil until golden brown.